I suggest you ...

Allow NFC tags as conditions

Nexus S (and possibly other devices soon) has the ability to read NFC tags. It would be nice if these could be used to toggle profiles.

122 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    reese shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

13 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Le Fox commented  · 

It shoud also possible to activate/deactivate the NFC-Functionality (exp. by time, location, ...).

• Dave Whitman commented  · 

Yet another vote for NFC support. It'd be the easiest way to make sure car mode is on when I need it.

• Denis commented  · 

+1
        we need NFC support :)

• nRoK commented  · 

+1

NFC Support would be great!!!

• tgconway commented  · 

Would be great to allow a NFC tag to trigger a car profile.

• tgconway commented  · 

Have tried to use the NFC tag Car Dock setting but SP doesn't recognise on S3 so having SP recognise the tag name would be perfect.

• KC commented  · 

Galaxy Nexus owner here!

Definitely want this; was using bluetooth connection to detect in-car, but due to joggling of bluetooth, keeps on flipping car navigation profile. Using an NFC tag to do this would be much better.

Adding NFC tag read/write in Setting Profiles app would be ideal, but I'd settle for giving Setting Profiles App a URL handler callable by any tag that can have a URL written to it.

settingprofiles://valuestring matching to a Setting Profiles NFC event "valuestring" clause match.

• Tanner commented  · 

I would very much like this as well. I just purchased a few NFC tags (haven't arrived yet) and would love to be able to have SP recognize them as conditions rather than use another application.

Feedback and Knowledge Base