I suggest you ...

Add non-US time/measures

Currently the app is only using US/UK standards, the rest of the world however is more used to
* 24 hour format
* km instead of miles
* Weeks starting Monday, not Sunday

98 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Frosti shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Mike commented  · 

"temporal profile activation"!?! Hmmm... not sure about that, but from a programming point of view 24 hour clocks are easier to code and, in my opinion, less error prone - if your finger is obscuring the AM/PM toggle, 11:xx could be either AM or PM. I've made that error myself a few times on my Desire in a number of app's which use the 12 hour format.

I also agree with the use of metric measures which we also use down here in Oz.

Since we're on the subject of time notation, I hate people who insist on putting a zero in front of the hour when it is before ten o'clock in the morning and they are using twelve hour format e.g. 08:35 AM or worse still 08:35 PM! The zero should ONLY be in front of single digit hours in 24 hour format - that is the international standard.

It is also part of ISO 8601 that the date separator should be the hyphen "-" and the time separator should be the colon ":".

• Al commented  · 

I agree with this. It would also be nice to use the same time selector as is used by the clock widget as this is a very fast way to scroll through times. For what it's worth, I wouldn't call the current way "US/UK" standards: just "US" standards. Most (but admittedly not all) people in the UK use 24 hour clocks and assume a week starts on a Monday and that the weekend is at the end of the week. Despite what Microsoft think, UK times are also properly printed with a dot instead of a colon, but that's another matter...

• Andre Dubois commented  · 

Should allow inverse logic for time (and date). I want to have something running when it is NOT Mon-Fri from 0700-1500.

To get the same effect with the current system, you would need to make multiple Rules.

• Frosti commented  · 

Sorry, but I have no clue what you mean about the advantages of the 12 h format ... ?

• pure.by commented  · 

I agree on that, there should be a switch for metric units.

However, 12-hour format as it is now, is perfect for temporal profile activation: hours can be selected twice as fast, and chosen time is being duplicated in 24-h format in the same dialogue box, assuring that the exact right time is selected.

Feedback and Knowledge Base