I suggest you ...

Set Google Talk (GTalk) Status

One of the few things I miss in Setting Profiles that I used frequently in Locale (albeit, through a plug-in) was the ability to set my phone's GTalk status based on conditions. Any chance this could be implemented as an action in Setting Profiles?

103 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Mark BMark B shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • WSmittyWSmitty commented  · 

Will this be added to SP in future. Being able to use plug-ins is fine, but then you get into more possible bug issues. Keeping it withing one program keeps it simple.

• paul.peardpaul.peard commented  · 

I am writing an app to set googletalk status - would happily make it so that SP can call it. One thing I have found so far is you can set your status text and busy or available or invisible, but none of those states actually stop people people from sending you gtalk messages, only "away" does that - and you can't set that as a status from the shared-status api.

• trey.commandertrey.commander commented  · 

This is exactly what I've been looking for in a Sounds/Notifications program. But to take it a step further it would help to control programs Notifications separately. Instead of turning all notifications off or all notifications on there are scenarios where Gtalk needs to be off and email needs to be off while SMS needs to be on. I have yet to find this program in the market.

• roxthiaguinroxthiaguin commented  · 

Also, would be good to set the 'personal status' of gtalk

Feedback and Knowledge Base