I suggest you ...

Allow smaller radius for location

Can you make the radius of the location option smaller than 1/4 mile. Often times there is a building across the street that requires different settings.

120 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Ssam2001Ssam2001 shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

13 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Alexander AmelkinAlexander Amelkin commented  · 

As Sean noticed, currently the application seems to totally disregard the radius set for the location. You can open the location settings and see two non-intersecting circles of your current location and the edited location, but still SP will consider you to be near that location (or far - that depends in which direction you're moving).

I would also propose to have combined cell/wi-fi/location driven locations with some fall-back mechanism like this:
        1. If location service is available and provides current coordinates, use it.
        2. If WiFi is on, use it
        3. If cell info is available, use it
        4. If nothing is available, use the last-detected place as current (optional)

• MarkMark commented  · 

Because GPS will use the battery, try the "Cell Towers Identified" option it works great.

• KOKO commented  · 

I truly don't understand why this program can't determine more accurately a phone's location. I have an excercise app (Cardio Trainer) and it can map within 30 feet where I am. Why can't settings profile target in more closely the location of the phone using GPS. This is the biggest issue with this application.

• AbsMarAbsMar commented  · 

Locations work great, but I think you should add a feature that reduces the triangularization accuracy radius. In my area I have good 3g service, the radius of my current location is never less than 2 miles but the point is always within a couple blocks. So profiles locations overlapp. Adding a reduce accuracy radius by 40% or whatever would help

• SeanSean commented  · 

I've noticed that the radius is pretty big regardless of what a location is set to, and regardless of whether I'm inside or out. I live about 10 miles from my job, so it can still discriminate between work and home, but it used to get annoying when I was driving because I only activate bluetooth in the car, like Sotty B was describing. My workaround was to add a Docking State=Undocked rule to all of my non-car profiles. Seems to be more solid than setting Car as my highest priority.

• ChrisChris commented  · 

When inside a building, my phone sometimes cannot be more accurate than a 2 mile radius. Thus, Setting Profiles could not distinguish between one building and another. When I'm outside, I can get the desired accuracy, however, my location based profiles tend to be inside a building.

• scotty Bscotty B commented  · 

Actually it seems that the radius even at 1/4 mile is inaccurate.
        It toggles on and off when I'm even 2 miles away!
        I don't want my profile, which is set to turn off bluetooth, to kick me off of a call, or stop my music playback when I'm still 2 miles away from home.

• scotty Bscotty B commented  · 

I agree, this is causing me problems as well. Would like to see the radius option lowered to feet. As low as possible.

• G. Wayne MeaneyG. Wayne Meaney commented  · 

Agreed... and while you're at it, could you please make a metric option! Only the US and the UK uses imperial miles.

• timmy.erintimmy.erin commented  · 

My office & home are close, this function can let me activate different profiles

• AmuAmu commented  · 

This is causing me problems as well. Would like to see a smaller range possibility.

• adampaetznickadampaetznick commented  · 

Also keeping me from buying full version. I have two locations that are relatively close together, but for which I want to activate different profiles.

• MarkMark commented  · 

This is the only thing keeping me from buying the full version. Hope to see it happen!

Feedback and Knowledge Base