I suggest you ...

Disable "mobile networks"

I´d like to have to option to switch off the complete "mobile networks". This can be done manually on my Android 2.1 device, so including this feature in the profiles should be possible, I guess. Background: on low battery mode disabling mobile networks REALLY saves a lot of power.

137 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    pchaas shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

30 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Lou Cypher commented  · 

That's nice, but useless on Gingerbread.

• Lars Björklund commented  · 

I believe Setting Profiles should implement this on non-rooted phones as well, since other apps are able to. And why does it take so long? (No updates since January 4)

• JackRackham commented  · 

I made a Sync profile wich just enable auto-sync and then I made a rule wich enables Sync profile for 3 minutes every 60 minutes. If PS could disable WiFi *and* 3G during this interval my battery would last a lot more time. If this is possible, PS would become a killer application for anyone! I think Motorola devices hava a proprietary app that behaves this way. I'm on a Sammy Galaxy ACE with Gingerbread 2.3.4 and I bought the full version of this fantastic application! :D

• Adminprobeez (Admin, probeez) commented  · 

Hmm did not notice that APNDroid became a paid app. It was free in the begining.. Well, will see maybe indeed we need to add this feature into SP if we could not find a free alternative that we can control within RunApp action.

• Alexander Amelkin commented  · 

APNdroid is another paid application. I don't have it installed and I don't see any point in paying half the price of the multi-feature and very versatile SP for the single-feature APNdroid. I'd rather like to see this feature natively in SP. :)

• Adminprobeez (Admin, probeez) commented  · 

Alexander, SP already can control (disable/enable) APNDroid through RunApp action. APNDroid use same workaround as Elixir, i.e. adds some suffix to name of APN

• Alexander Amelkin commented  · 

I heard that usual Android (not CM) doesn't allow apps to directly control mobile networks settings. The "Elixir" application however uses a nice workaround - to disable mobile networking they simply add "-elixir" to the name of APN and so the phone can't connect to that invalid name. When enabling, they remove the added suffix. I vote for adding a workaround like that into Setting Profiles because not all of us use CyanogenMod firmwares.

• Redi commented  · 

I have routed phone,.but I dislike Cyanogen Mod Rom. This option is essential, but still missing. Are you going to add it?

• riversidekid commented  · 

I would love this feature. I was even about to uninstall this app for another when I found this thread. Although if I read this right, I need to root my Droid to get this to work? I am not willing to void my warranty for this feature, is there a way to enable this feature with "Setting Profiles Full" version 1.0.18.6F on my original Moto Droid without rooting the phone which voids the warranty? I would use all my remaining votes on this if there were just one thread about it, but there are many, and several are marked complete, but it still doesn't work on a standard Droid.

• Palm Kolm commented  · 

Why does it need CyanogenMod ROM? Widgetsoid and several other tools can do this with factory ROMs.

• snake commented  · 

Not working on my 2.2 base legend rom :-(

• vol commented  · 

I bought setting profiles, but my galaxy s haven't cyanogen mod.

• Rob commented  · 

I would hardly say this is completed.. I would suggest you take the same approach as apndroid does and rename the apn setting from within "settings profiles".. If you use the same renaming as apndroid, things should stay compatible to this apn switcher but we can natively disable 3g.

• Bill Miller commented  · 

I also would like to see this option. I have a non Rooted HTC EVO and would like to be able to have an option to enable/disable the Mobile Network. I see you show it as completed, that's nice for those with the Cryogenmod. I don't have it and I am sure I'm not alone.

V/R
        Bill

• ter commented  · 

It saves much power if we can disable 3G when screen is off, so for email and sync 2g is used (which needs less more power). If screen is on (I use often internet ) than 3G is allowed.

• Fred commented  · 

Yes please option to enable/disable mobile dataconnection.
        I want to turn it off during the night.

• Rob commented  · 

Apndroid seems not to work well on a lot of phones. Also it would be more logical to implement it in a profile then as an external program.

If put in a profile, SP can show it in the notification bar and so on..

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base