I suggest you ...

Use wallpapers from external sources.

Hi,

Handling standard-named wallpapers from external sources (wallpaper-of-the-day.jpg) would be very usefull.
One could post a wallpaper on the corporate server which display messages or idea's as required. Whenever someone comes into the office and settings are changed, a new wallpaper is presented.

BTW (related issue): Is there any way you can release more main memory by handling wallpapers more effectively.
Changing wallpaper is the most intuitive an visible way to tell that SettingProfiles has realy changed the settings i.e. when I leave home when my calendar's keywords tells it to go into meeting-mode.

Currenly many people on the User Group have similar complaints about the amount of memory the program uses.

One of the biggest REAL issues is that even FroYo on my HTC Desire starts to complain about low memory. The worst consequence is that i.e. GMAIL doesn't update anymore and comes to a hold, even though I can see new email arrive on my PC desktop.

Hope you will find a proper solution (like only linking to wallpapers in stead of actually storing them). I trust you will.

Regards
Rob
NL

1 vote
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Rob shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Adminprobeez (Admin, probeez) responded  · 

option to store Wallpapers on sdcard will be added – this means however that in case your sdcard is mounted to PC at the moment SP will need to change wallpaper based on profile activation it will fail to do so..

0 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...